As a Sr. WordPress Developer, you’re responsible for providing solutions. You will build infrastructure to create new features for our internal and external projects, improve existing code, fix bugs, and help us rapidly scale our business by helping our client needs.
You will primarily be working in our products and large client projects.
Interested? See “How to Apply” below to learn more before applying.
To join this role, here’s the one you are:
- You’re a self made who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from starting to completion. Our developers normally own projects/features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing at his own.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You are passionate and have great desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the industry for all to get inspired and are excited to work on tasks that impact thousands of people on the web.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done and deliver for the sake of due date.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working along side and helping other team members, and you don’t take critical feedback personally at all.
- You’re happily jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You’re happily available to work on tasks of all sizes – from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features, projects or rewrites.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Decide the order of bugs/issues and small enhancements that come into GitHub/Bitbucket.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product/Plugin/Project features and addons.
- Refactoring legacy code with a particular attention to backwards compatibility.
- Providing feedback and peer review for other developers.
Here are some skills you need to have:
- Professional experience with WordPress Plugin Development, architecture, and standards.
- Rich Experience of Custom WordPress Theme Development
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Expert in WooCommerce development & strong experience with WC Subscriptions addon.
- Develop custom software licensing solutions for WooCommerce (among many others).
- String familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, ES6, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (eg PayPal, Stripe, Drip, Zapier, ActiveCampains, Keap etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous remote work experience.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Knowledge of LearnDash, BuddyPress, Gravity Forms, Genesis Framework, Elementor, Beaver Builder.
- Familiar with SASS, HTML5/CSS3
- Familiar with React.js and Gutenberg Blocks Development.
At WPMinds, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WPMinds is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time.
- Work from your home.
- Internet with device while working from home.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Maternity Allowance
- No Interest Loans
- Wedding Bonus
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Quarterly Dinners
- Annual Trips
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
This is a remote position – our team is spread in different cities right now because of COVID-19 but our main office is based in Gulberg, Lahore which will start operations again once COVID-19 situation gets better, so company operating hours are 11:45am to 10pm . Once we are back in office you have to join from our main office.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting to you, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your application:
- Your experience with both WordPress Themes, Plugins and Specially WooCommerce development. The more details you can provide the better!
- What is your favorite WordPress hook/function and why.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links if available (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!