As a WordPress Developer at WPMinds, you will be responsible maintaining WordPress Websites, Developing Simple WordPress themes from scratch with the help of a child theme, you must a strong grip on WordPress Dashboard along proficiency in Front End which includes HTML/CSS/PHP but not limited.
To join this role, here’s the one you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re confident in accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with Support Team on WordPress Website Fixing small issues, developing small to medium level WordPress Themes, Updating Plugins.
- Creating new pages, posts, small features on websites.
- Ability to understand code changes and their effects on other parts of the website to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Preparing Monthly Reports from ManageWP
- Working with Gravity Forms, Genesis Framework, Yoast SEO
- Understanding of Responsive web design, cross-browser checking, and Speed Optimization.
- Should be comfortable doing repetitive maintenance tasks.
- Obsessive in your attention to small details.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Writing code snippets to solve one-off problems.
- If you have experience in Quality Assurance of WordPress/Websites its a huge plus.
- Excel in a team environment and be able to communicate clearly with your peers.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- At least 1 to 2 years of Work experience in WordPress and should know the WordPress dashboard in and out.
- Experience working with email marketing service providers (eg. MailChimp, AWeber, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, etc).
- Working knowledge of PHP.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Proven track record providing support for WordPress Websites. What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a great opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time.
- Work from your home.
- Internet with device while working from home.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Maternity Allowance
- No Interest Loans
- Wedding Bonus
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Quarterly Dinners
- Annual Trips
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
This is a remote position – our team is spread in different cities right now because of COVID-19 but our main office is based in Gulberg, Lahore which will start operations again once COVID-19 situation gets better, so company operating hours are 11:45am to 10pm . Once we are back in office you have to join from our main office.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting to you, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your application:
- Your experience in WordPress and its Dashboard . The more details you can provide the better!
- What is your favorite thing in WordPress and why.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!