Are you wondering what is a website wireframe and how to create it for a coaching website?
A good website wireframe helps you:
- Enhance user satisfaction
- Increase click through rate
- Improve search ranking
You’ll not regret spending some time creating a wireframe before spending resources on start developing your website.
What is a website wireframe?
Your website wireframe is the same as the bone structure of the body.
The stronger the bones, the more you can do with your body.
Similarly, the better the website wireframe the greater the return on your investment will be.
The wireframe must-have elements your website needs for conversion. Instead of things only looking beautiful.
The elements that make a website beautiful:
- Color pallet
Things that are important for creating a website that helps you build traffic and convert that traffic into leads are:
- Aspirational identity
- The header that passes the grunt test
- Value Proposition
- SEO Content
- Price choices
A fusion of beautiful website elements and the element you need makes a killer combination of a great website that helps you grow your coaching business.
How to create a wireframe for a website
The simplest way to create a wireframe is using pen and paper or a whiteboard.
The goal of creating a website is mapping out the ideal journey of your coaching client and making it simple for them to navigate through from first interaction to becoming a client.
Common goals for creating the best website wireframe:
- Download a lead generator
- Schedule a call
- Sign up for a course
- Improve the conversion of all of the above three
Common items to organize in a wireframe :
- Calls to actions
- User journey from start to end
The better you organize the above item in your wireframe the better your website will perform.
Tips to create a wireframe:
- Keep it simple
- Focus on one primary call to action per page
- Create a website wireframe for scanning. Most people scan information online
How to wireframe a responsive website
Responsive wireframes are dynamic and require less effort to introduce changes. A responsive design of your website allows you to access freely all the screen resolutions and renders it to look great on all devices.
Designers usually make desktop wireframes first, but making wireframes for mobile devices first will help the webmasters to prioritize elements on the website. Webmasters can decide easily when to show the section on a smaller screen.
Tips to create a responsive responsive wireframe:
- Define the screen dimensions
- Using content containers to define the zones for your templates
- Focus on one target layout first and a decent visual hierarchy
Best website wireframe templates
How to ensure that you have a complete website wireframe?
This was the biggest challenge until I stumbled upon the StoryBrand website template.
StoryBrand website template gives you:
- List of sections every page must have
- A framework to create each section
- Clear calls to actions
- Scan-able content
- A simple way to create content
You can check out how to build a coaching website post for the details.
Best wireframe tools
Here are a few popular wireframing tools:
- Miro – Miro wireframe is a library that allows you to create simple wireframes even if you have no knowledge or design experience.
- Canva – Canva is a graphic design platform. You can find multiple free and premium wireframe templates here.
- Figma – Figma is another free and very popular tool for wireframe templates.
Pick the one you feel most comfortable with.
Creating a website wireframe before you start developing your website will give you a solid foundation for your coaching website.
Here are the three guiding principles for creating a winning wireframe:
- Keep it simple
- One call to action per page
- All important pages should be accessible within two clicks
Are you happy with the performance of your website?
If not, feel free to request a free website audit.