Wondering what is WordPress website support service and why you need one?
Managing a website is no different than maintaining your house.
For example, to keep your house in order, you need to do certain things regularly, such as:
- Regular cleaning
- Servicing your appliances
- Maintaining your house security
- Space optimization to make the best use of your house
- Having building insurance to cover any major surprises
WordPress website support service and website maintenance are similar types of chores which you need to perform to keep your website in top shape.
There are two parts of regular WordPress website maintenance or ongoing care, and both are crucial to running your online business effectively.
- WordPress Support
- WordPress Maintenance
Wicked Hairpins is a small business that makes quality products that its customers will appreciate for a lifetime. It was started in 2013 when the idea developed out of a company for tables after they realized how many people like to lend a hand and want to make their own furniture. Their website was got infected by malware.
Toby, the owner of Wicked Hairpins, contacted the WP Support team for help with his infected business website. As the site is e-commerce, every second was costing them money. This emergency required a reaction ASAP. WP Support team found specific database entries which were malware related and cleaned them within hours. As a result, toby gets a smooth-running e-commerce website.
What is WordPress Website Support Service?
Generally, the following things are categorized as WordPress website support services.
- Website customization tasks
- LMS setup and management tasks
- Membership/E commerce site support
- Emergency support
WordPress Website Customization Tasks
Running a WordPress website is hard. It requires regular TLC to keep it fresh and to provide desired outcomes for your business.
- Plugin and theme troubleshooting
- Updating/editing your website pages
- Design modifications
- General website errors troubleshooting
- Advice on how to perform a certain thing on your website
LMS Setup & Management
LMS helps you:
- Create courses
- Manage your students
- Protect your course content
- Drip-feed lessons
- Setup quizzes
- Produce certificates & badges
- Have a course forums
- Manage email notifications
- Integrate 3rd party integrations
All these LMS features are great. However, it can be a lot of work to set up and manage your courses.
Our website care plans are designed to help you spend your energies on creating course content, which is your speciality and let us do the technical work for you, which is our focus area.
It is a win-win situation for both of us.
Membership/e-Commerce Site Support
We divide websites into the following categories to measure the website support needs:
- Brochure website
- A large content website
- Membership/e-Commerce site
Membership and e-Commerce sites are usually the most advanced sites, which often require advanced WordPress development skillsets and fast support because every minute of downtime can cost the business a significant amount of lost revenue.
Our WordPress website support plans are designed to help you spend your energies on working on your business which is your expertise, and provide you with advanced technical support with minimal downtime of your website, which is our focus area.
If your website is your business, then you’ll come across a situation at some point where your website will require emergency support to stay alive.
It could be for several reasons.
- Site got hacked
- The website is not loading
- A plugin or theme crashed
- A payment system is not working
- The website contact form is not working
Our website care plans offer emergency support, so you’ll have our support engineers at your disposal in case of any emergency.
WordPress Website Maintenance
Maintaining your WordPress site is time-consuming and tedious. Also, neglecting any one component can adversely impact your customers, security and overall performance of your business.
Our WordPress website maintenance packages include the following:
- Website Hosting
- Software Updates
- Themes and Plugins Updates
- 24/7 Website Security Monitoring
- Malware Removal
- Daily Backups
- Cloud Backups
- Website Uptime Monitoring
- Website Performance and Security Scans
- Website Speed Optimization
- Real-Time Activity Tracking
- Monthly Reports
In 2020, the global web hosting market was worth $116.3 billion. It’s expected to grow to over $216 billion by 2025.
A good web host will provide you with countless services like server maintenance, support, email accounts, and a lot more. It allows you to easily manage your server, even without technical skills.
The benefits of having the best web hosting services are:
- Improved site performance
- Data management
- Technical support
- Improved website security
- Reliability and uptime
- Email and domain
- Data recovery
Our website care plans include one of the best website hosting for your WordPress website.
Software & Plugin Updates
According to the survey, 44% of hacking was caused by outdated WordPress sites. It’s extremely important for security reasons to keep the software and plugins updated.
The benefits of updating software and plugins regularly are:
- Improve server response time
- Keep your site secured from the threat of hackers and malware
- The website will remain functional
- Find and helps with security & bug fixes
- Avoid experiencing downtime
- Access to cool new features
- Data remains intact
Our website care plans include:
- WordPress updates
- Plugin updates
- Theme updates
24/7 Website Security
On average, hackers attack websites 2,244 times a day – which means every 39 seconds. 24/7 website security protects your site from being hacked or from any unauthorized access.
Benefits of having 24/7 website security are:
- Gives you peace of mind
- Protect the data
- Increased legitimacy
- Helps with SEO
Our website care plans include:
- Daily cloud backups
- Force secure passwords
- SSL certificate
- Database protection
Daily Cloud Backups
A 2019 LogicMonitor study reported that 95% of organizations had experienced at least one outage in the past three years.
Regular cloud backups can make it easy to secure your files and allow users to access their updated data in a remote location at any time.
Benefits of having daily Cloud backups are:
- Can have quick access to files
- Data assurance
- Have multiple copies
- Data security
- Reduces downtime
Our website care plans include regular website backups for your peace of mind.
Website Uptime Monitoring
Website uptime monitoring helps to ensure that your website is visible, up and running for your users.
The benefits of real-time website monitoring are:
- Check patterns of downtime
- Easily pinpoint the exact culprit
- Immediately notified for any technical issue related to scripts, forms, etc.
- Figure out the corporate firewall performance by internal monitoring
- Can track user experience-related issues, i-e: load time, response time, etc.
Our website care plans include website up-time monitoring to take the required action to reduce website downtime.
Website Performance Scans
47% of users expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less, and 53% of visitors will leave a page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
Your site must have good speed if you want more traffic and improved search engine ranking with higher sales for your website. Regular website performance scans help to improve and maintain website speed.
Benefits of having regular website performance scans are:
- Improved user experience
- Higher ranks in organic search
- Track the changes by website performance reports
- Boost in sales and revenue
- Track the speed of your webpage
Our website care plans include website performance scans so you can optimize your website performance regularly to improve your business.
Website Speed Optimization
1 second delay in page speed reduces page views by 11%, decreases customer satisfaction by 16% and eats away 7% of the coveted conversion rate.
Regular website speed optimization helps find how quickly your website responds to web requests.
Benefits of having regular website speed optimization are:
- Better SEO
- Reduce bounce rate
- Improved conversions
- Higher sales
- Increase customer satisfaction and trust
Our website care plans include website speed optimization so you can get higher traffic and attract more customers.
Real-Time Activity Tracking
Real-time activity monitoring helps you to observe and analyze all the data. And allows you to monitor your website’s activities in real-time.
The benefits of tracking Real-time activity are :
- Increased productivity
- Can get alerts & responses
- Perform live recording of all active desktop screens
- Can get real-time feedback
- Collect and collate data
- Perform maintenance and support
Our website care plan includes real-time activity tracking, should you need it to track real-time activity.
The monthly website report keeps you updated on your site updates and its performance and helps track the progress towards the target.
The benefits of keeping monthly website reports are:
- Can get a channel overview
- See web traffic grouped by desktop and mobile
- Track page-specific stats
- Can track what your visitors are searching for
- See professional review
- Track custom summary with recommendations
Our website care and standard plans include monthly reports so you can regularly track your website health and performance.