Are you looking for coaching resources to grow your online coaching business?
Whether you’re new to online coaching or looking to scale it, the internet is flooded with information and it is highly likely that you may get overwhelmed.
Therefore we have created this detailed resource page that contains all tools and resources you might need as you move along your coaching journey!
Few highlights to look out for:
- Interview posts from industry experts
- Thoroughly researched and shortlisted resources
- Actionable tips and recommendations
Let’s get started! You’re on your way to success!
How to pick your coaching niche
The first step of starting a coaching business is picking out a coaching niche to get started.
To help you clarify your coaching goals and pick out a niche that works best for you, I have listed below popular coaching categories and common goals people expect.
The more clarity you have when starting a coaching business, the better it will for your business.
Life coaching certification programs
As a coach, getting certified by a trusted institute helps in establishing credibility and trust in the industry. Here are some top coaching certification institutes.
- International Coaching Federation
- Marshall Goldsmith Life Coaching
- 58+ coaching certification programs
- Coaching programs recommended by some top coaches
It is important to thoroughly research and evaluate each program to ensure it meets your needs and aligns with your professional goals.
Top 5 coaching organizations
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Coach Training Alliance
- Forbes Coaches Council
- Harvard Business School
- Co-Active Coaching
Starting a coaching business
Starting a coaching business is a very broad topic and covers every aspect of a business. We’ll share specific resources for each aspect as well.
However, here are a few resources that cover everything.
- How to start an online coaching business in 2023
- 14 successful coaches shared their best tips for starting a coaching business
- How to build a coaching website that grows your coaching business
- How to start a financial coaching business in 7 steps
- How to become a life coach: A definitive guide
- 6 top coaches shared their biggest coaching challenge and how to overcome it
Starting a coaching business or any other business is a challenging task. To make it a little easy for you, we have listed the above resources.
A professional coaching website enhances your professional image and helps you show case what your business offers.
Especially if you have an online coaching business, it is critical to have a coaching website.
- 42 best life coaching websites including key features
- How to build a coaching website that grows your coaching business
- How to make a professional coaching website
- 12 best therapy websites including key features
If you have an existing coaching website and are looking to improve it, you can also request a free website audit to get actionable tips.
Let’s go a little deeper into what you will need in a coaching website.
- How to choose a website building platform for your coaching website
- How to choose the LMS for online coaching
- 7 must have website features
- How to create a coaching website homepage
- Crafting a perfect header
Best coaching website themes and templates
Coaching templates make your work a lot easier if you’re looking to launch your website asap. All you need to do is pick a design you like, and customize your content and images.
- 7 best coaching website templates in 2023
- WP Minds Growth Theme
- The ultimate list of coaching templates
- WordPress coaching website themes
Promotion and marketing resources
Once you’ve launched your coaching business, the next most important thing to do is promote it and get coaching clients.
Finding new clients or customers is one of the biggest ongoing challenges for any business, particularly when starting.
- 7 successful coaches shared their best methods to get coaching clients
- 5 most effective channels to promote your coaching business
- 9 Top coaches shared how to post on LinkedIn and stand out as a coach
- Udemy course on how to get coaching clients
- Email Marketing For Coaches – All You Need to Know
Marketing a coaching business online should not be as difficult as it seems. Hopefully, the resources above will help you crack the code!
It is difficult to deliver quality coaching results without using tried and tested coaching techniques and models.
- 10 best coaching techniques for life coaching
- 7 successful coaches shared their favourite coaching models
- The ultimate guide to effective coaching techniques
Each coaching technique has its own approach and methodology, but they all share the goal of helping clients reach their desired outcomes.
Coaching books to improve your coaching
Coaching practice is a lifelong journey – whether you’re just starting out or looking to polish your skills as a coach.
There are many industry experts who have written some of the most amazing books on coaching.
- 11 successful coaches shared their favourite coaching book and why
- 20 books that will make you a better coach
- Top 100 coaching books of all time
- Book Yourself Solid – Step-by-step system for getting more clients and growing a coaching business
- The Six-Figure Coach – Roadmap for building a successful coaching business
These detailed guides will find the right book to upscale your coaching business.
Must have coaching skills
Having solid coaching skills and continuing to polish them is essential to improve the coaching results for your clients.
As a coach, you need a lot of skills to help your clients. Here are some useful resources to help you with them.
- 17 successful coaches shared 3 must have coaching skills
- 5 common skills of all successful life coaches
- Short courses on building coaching skills
Keeping it simple can change everything. Pick your niche and start learning from successful coaches.
Figuring out the best coaching tools can be overwhelming.
Using the best tools can speed up the success of any business, especially the coaching business.
To help you improve your coaching practice, we asked some of the best coaches to share their favourite tools and how these helped them to lead in their coaching niches.
Asking the right questions is the key for us to deliver quality coaching results as well. Coaching questions have always been an important yet difficult debate.
As a coach, it is important to understand the needs of your client and ask questions accordingly. Here are some resources for you.
- 19 top coaches shared their favourite coaching questions
- Powerful coaching questions list
- Coaching Questions – a powerful book on the said subject
Hopefully, these resources will help you skyrocket your coaching practice.
Appointment booking systems
An appointment booking system enables the customers to book the services that you offer on your website. It includes all the flexible appointment scheduling options.
It is highly recommended to have this on your website.
You should make the most of all the benefits that an online appointment booking solution can deliver.
Best learning management systems
These are software that can help you create and manage various courses and quizzes on your website. They have advanced functionalities to automate the process.
LMS always plays an important role in the eLearning design and its development process.
Top platforms to teach online
How to teach online has become a widely searched question for teachers, trainers, and coaches. This is a little different from having an LMS on your website and is far simple.
- How to teach online using WordPress & Zoom
- Zoom – Helpful for 1-1 coaching
- Google Meet
- RingCentral Video
- Top 5 Membership plugins
These are a few of the top platforms that you can use with your clients for your coaching sessions.
Content creation resources for coaches
To quote Bill Gates, “Content is King”
However, writing creative content is one of the hardest things in marketing.
- 5 easy ways to create engaging content
- 5 content marketing examples for inspiration
- ChatGPT – to improve the speed
- Content creation checklist
Content is the backbone of any type of marketing. These are some of the must have tools to improve your content creation process.
Benefits of Coaching
This is a very important topic to cover for both clients as well coaches who are looking to start their businesses. We have compiled different resources from different niches to help you with this!
- Benefits of executive coaching shared by 7 top coaches
- What is transformational coaching and its biggest benefit?
- Leadership coaching, and why do leaders need it?
- 10 types of coaching and the key benefits
Choosing your coaching is the foundation of your coaching business, I hope the above resources will help you evaluate the benefits of each coaching niche.
Did you find these resources helpful?
If you are a coach, please feel free to share your thoughts or if you have a resource suggestion that we might have missed in the comments below.
And if you’re a coach looking to start your own coaching business and need any help with your content or website, you can schedule a free 30 mins call now!